Ya know those Geico commercials that say, "So easy even a caveman could do it?" Well, this is one of those kind of recipes. Calling this a recipe is actually a stretch. These prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears may look fancy and as if you slaved away over em but it is the freakin' easiest thing to throw together.
A caveman certainly could have made these...given he had some prosciutto laying around his cave, anyway. Dang, now I feel bad that he didn't!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
A bunch of asparagus (best if stalks aren't super thin or super thick)
A package of yummy prosciutto (free of any crappy additives!)
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450*F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Toss spears with some olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
3. Wrap each stalk in prosciutto. Depending on the kind you get, this may use a whole piece or half a piece of the prosciutto. (I cut mine in half lengthwise and it was the perfect amount for each asparagus spear.)
4. Spread onto your baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
5. Eat immediately. These would be good with some balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Or, if you're primal or just DGAF, add some cheese. Nom!