Sometimes I'm really good at sticking to eating paleo. During the week, I try very hard to stick to it but cravings sometimes get the best of me. And that's when paleo treats come in handy!
This paleoized version of hot chocolate isn't exactly like the real thing but it makes a darn decent substitute. As written, its pretty thick, so I would add a splash or two of extra water or coconut milk if you like a thinner consistency. And I'd imagine that paleo whipped cream would be fantastic on this! ;)
Paleo Hot Chocolate
adapted from Paleoliscious
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Bring the coconut milk and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off heat.
2. Mash banana with a fork and add to saucepan.
3. Add cocoa powder and vanilla to saucepan.
4. Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
5. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Makes 1 mug.