I'm basically still a five-year-old at heart. I love playing with playdough, digging in the sandbox, and would never dream of passing up a Rice Krispies treat. They are just so darn good! But when I had to whip together a quick dessert for a party a couple weeks ago, the original treat seemed like a lame idea. Luckily, Pinterest was invented and I saved this idea amid my many pins...
Enter dry cake mix and sprinkles and - boom - now you're talking. Look how much more fun and special these look!
Oh and the party I brought these to was all adults. And they still got gobbled up. Guess I'm not the only one who wants to be a kid sometimes! ;)
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
recipe from Gimme Some Oven
3 tablespoons butter, plus a little extra for pan
1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows
1/3 cup dry yellow cake mix (I would up this to 1/3 cup next time!)
5 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup sprinkles (or more if you'd like sprinkle-tastic treats)
1. Grease a 9x13 pan with a little bit of butter.
2.. Melt the butter in a large pan over low heat.
3. Stir in the marshmallows and stir until the melt.
4. Mix in the dry cake batter one spoonful at a time until it is all fully mixed in.
5. Stir in the Rice Krispies until incorporated.
6. Dump in half the bottle of sprinkles and stir them in.
7. Press the mixture into the pan and top with remaining sprinkles.
8. Let cool half an hour and then cut into squares.
9. Eat and pretend you're a kid again!