Okay, so upon seeing the title, you might have thought, "Borrrring." But seriously guys, these are the best oatmeal raisin cookies. I've been making them for years and years and everyone always compliments them.
And they are totally versatile: add your favorite nuts, use dried cranberries, throw in some chocolate chips, whatever. And better yet, if you need something for a cookie swap, holiday party, or a gift - these cookies are perfect!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
from Quaker Oats
2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat together butter and both sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture; beat well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
3. Refrigerate batter at least 20 minutes. (Important! Otherwise, these will spread like crazy!)
4. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, switching and rotating baking sheets in the oven halfway through.
6. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.