Looking through my still rather small index of recipes, I seem to have posted an exorbitant amount of bread and muffin recipes. Guess it is rather obvious what I choose to bake more often that not. ;)
Anyway, so I have yet another bread recipe for you. But I couldn't resist sharing because it came out so damn good!
Grab a few extra bags of cranberries now and toss em in the freezer, so you can whip this puppy up anytime of the year.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 heaping cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup (or more) roughly chopped walnuts (please, do NOT chop these up small; leave a bit bigger because they adds so much extra texture to each bite of bread)
1 large egg
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
zest of a whole orange
coarse sugar, for topping (optional but adds a really nice crunch!)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together egg, oil, orange juice, and zest. Add to dry mixture bowl and mix just until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out mostly dry.
5. Cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack.