The past week or so, I've been going through my fridge and pantry in an effort to use up some of the ingredients that have been languishing around awhile, taking up precious real estate. On the tip top shelf of my pantry, I came across the leftover Oreos from the cookies n cream popcorn a few weeks ago...
Cookies meet popcorn
And I got to thinking, "Sure, I could just eat these straight up" but I had the day off and was just bumming around the house. I decided that baking would be a worthy use of my time! I hadn't made cookies in quite awhile and conveniently had half a bag of mini chocolate chips just chilling out in the pantry, so I set to work making a batch of Chocolate Chip-Oreo Cookies.
Woah, double cookies! What does this mean?! [ That one's for you, babe ;) ] Read on to find out!
Chocolate Chip-Oreo Cookies
makes about 16 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips [Totally use whatever amount you want or even bigger chips - anything goes!]
15 Oreos, coarsely crushed
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In second bowl, melt the butter. Cream in both sugars until well mixed. Beat in the egg and vanilla until creamy. Beat in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
4. Add the chips and crushed Oreos and mix well.
5. Using heaping tablespoonfuls, drop the dough onto the sheets.
6. Bake 14 to 16 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
7. Cool on sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack. Let cool completely...or don't, because they are hella good when warm!
What're you still reading this post for? Get in the kitchen! Happy weekend!