Cookies n cream popcorn was something I'd seen on a couple of blogs before but hadn't yet indulged my cookies n cream addiction. But yesterday, photos of this recipe were all over Pinterest, teasing and taunting me. I decided it was finally time to head into the kitchen to whip up a batch!
I think it should really be called cookies n crack popcorn, it is THAT addicting!
Aside from hardly any prep time, the recipe calls for just three ingredients. Yep, that's it. While I used an air popper to pop mine, you could also use a bag of microwaved popcorn (or even a bag of store-bought) if you were really short on time. Check out our funny old 80s-style popper... :)
Ooh, also I used these cool black kernels called Black Jewel - they pop up pure white and smaller than typical kernels!
Cookies N Cream Popcorn
Seen on multiple blogs/Pinterest
1/3 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (or 1 bag of microwaved/store-bought plain popcorn)
1 sleeve (about 15) Oreos, coarsely crushed
6 ounces vanilla (or maybe even try white chocolate!) Candy Melts
1. Pop your popcorn and toss into a big bowl with the crushed Oreos.
2. Melt the candy melts according to bag directions. (I stuck mine in the microwave for about 1:30, stirring every 30 seconds.)
3. Pour the melted candy melts over the popcorn and Oreos. Stir until completely combined. I had to use my hands to do this!
4. Spread into an even layer on a wax paper lined baking sheet to cool.
5. Once cool, break any big pieces apart and nom away!