Anyway, I just realized that I have yet to chronicle this month's Fried-Day! So, keep your eyes peeled for this Friday's newest deep fried treat. Might I suggest Oreos, bacon, or PB&J fried dough to heat up those fryers??
On to healthier side of things, we have come to another What I Ate Wednesday. I have been having such a blast browsing everyone's blogs each Wednesday and scoping our your eats. There are so many great ideas out there that I've filed away for future meals. My kitchen - and tummy - thank you all! But especially Jenn who organizes this each week. :)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Add yogurt, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet; mix until just combined.
4. Fold in sliced strawberries.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan, on a rack. EAT!
Well, that just about does it for me. If you try the bread, let me know how it went! Happy Wednesday! :D